This service will assist you in finding a primary health care provider on the North Shore. You must be a resident of the North Shore to sign up on this list.
Please note that if you are completing this registration on behalf of someone else, you must have permission from them. Please answer all questions with their information.
In order to use this program you must:
- Be a resident of North Vancouver, West Vancouver or Bowen Island.
- Not already be attached to any Family Doctor or Nurse Practitioner in your community.
- Have active or pending MSP coverage (If you do not know the answer to this, please call Medical Services Plan at 1-800-663-7100)
The personal information you provide to our program will be used for the purpose of finding you a Family Doctor or Nurse Practitioner and in compliance with the BC Personal Information Protection Act, which is subject to the independent oversight of the British Columbia Information and Privacy Commissioner. By completing this registration, you consent/authorize the North Shore Division of Family Practice to provide your personal information included on this form to the Ministry of Health for inclusion in the Health Connect Registry (provincial wait-list) once it becomes available.
You will be contacted by the NS Division of Family Practice Patient Services Coordinator for further information that may assist us in attaching you to a provider. This information will be kept confidential and will only be shared with:
- The GP or NP clinic you will be connected with
- The Ministry of Health for inclusion in the Health Connect Registry (provincial wait-list) once it becomes available.
We will try our best to match you with a family doctor or nurse practitioner; however, there is limited capacity in our community and a large amount of patients also searching, you will be placed on a wait list until a primary care provider is available. Please note that if you do not agree, you will be unable to continue with our attachment process.